24 July 2011

2 cards same but different!

It's been a funny old day today, very cloudy but quite warm, we didn't have anything planned so it was PLAYTIME!! 
I have been blog hopping and saw a challenge on Meljens Designs that required 1 bow, 3 brads and a circle, HERE into which will enter my Girly card, I looked at my sketches and found one that I hadn't used before which fitted the description.   This is the sketch don't know who it's by sorry.


  I have made 2 cards with the same sketch , one masculine with DigiDarla's Eagle and one girly with Meljens Designs Teddy Cookie. I cut the circles on my Cricut with the Straight from the nest cartridge for the scalloped and Doodlecharms for the plain circle.
I had taken the photos to post them and as I was writing realised I hadn't done the "bow" DUH!.  So out with the ribbons and search for something suitable, this is what I did. 


Close up of eagle after I coloured it
The DP paper are - background Summertime Designs Damask Brown and the spotted paper Mandy Maed Brown Polka Dot, some jute cord and brads from stash 



This is the girly card
The papers are by Janniscrap Designs Spring Meadow, the brads and ribbon from stash.
I shall be putting the Eagle card in DigiDarlas gallery and entering the following challenges with it
 Travel - http://herecometheboysblogchallenge.blogspot.com/    (an Eagle tavels)

6 comments:

fatmonica said...

I love the colours on the eagle card and the bear on the next one!Lovely cards.

Unknown said...

Cute girly card! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs!

Anonymous said...

Have Wings and travel! All the way over to Here Come The Boys! Thanks for playing over at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

G Peplow said...

Hi Faith, Great cards again, just love your colouring, that eagle's magnificent, Hugs Gay xxx

Sprytebyrd said...

Great job on both cards! What a fun layout!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

karen said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at HERE COME THE BOYS,Karenx