30 January 2012

Valentine order Urgent EDIT and More EDITS

Well! what an embarressment, it seems it's not a Mo Manning digi after all, however it is a copy.  I have been in contact with Mo Manning and she says I can keep this post here and keep it in the challenges I have entered, but, what I will do is make another card from Mo's image. Please accept apologies for the mix up, I assure you I was in the middle of all this and did not know about the copy digi or Mo's original for that matter. 
BEFORE you see my card, it has been brought to my attention that this delightful image is by Mo Manning, I have replied to Bernice, who let me know, in my comments. However I thought here would be more appropriate to apologise to Mo Manning that I identified it as someone elses image, I have had this image a long time and I had not saved who it was by, I thought as I had seen it on another site and identified as from there I had a name at last, I am only to happy to correct the information. I will also let the challenge owners I have corrected it.

Closeup of image
I was asked by one of the men in work to make a valentine card for his wife, he always asks me to make cards for her and they have to be filled with lots of love and mush.  Bless him. This is what I came up with, it's perfect for this, I love it. The heart frame is cut using a cut file by Birdcards.com, the papers are from Summertime Designs.  I paper pieced the papers in PS and then coloured their hair and boots in PS too.  The heart is cut with my Cricut as well, I added a rose and ribbon bow from my stash and then used Glamour Dust around the heart and a little on the girls dress to add a little sparkle, I used a heart overlay by Digiscraps on the background paper .

I am going to put it into the following challenges all for Valentine or Hearts.


http://papermakeupstamps.blogspot.com/

http://daisydoodlescreativechallenges.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-52.html

22 comments:

Beryl K said...

This is lovely Faith,
Beryl x

Holly Young said...

Aw how sweet - both your card and the husband for wanting a handmade card for his wife. I love your heart border and cute image. His wife is sure to love it!

Michelle VP said...

What a sweet card! Love all the coloring and piecing you were able to do in Photoshop. :) Thanks for joining the Digi Makeover Valentine Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet, Faith! I love the digi, your coloring and that beautiful heart cut out frame!

Scrappin Mama said...

That is adorable, I love the heart frame it is precious, Great job!!!!!!

craftin-dawn said...

Adorable! i total love the Heart frame that is really nice!
thanks for joining us at DigiDarla's!
DawnD - DT

Aileen said...

Really sweet with just the right amount of "mush"! I'm sure he'll love it. x

Squirrel x said...

Awwh, that's gorgeous hun - what a super image for young lovers of any age! Hugs Sxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so cute .. and i love the hart topper
Lisa x

Karen said...

Faith it's gorgeous and your colouring is just so lovely!
Really has made me smile seeing this this morning hun!xx

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous image Faith and it looks perfect for your friend, I hope he likes it but I'm sure he will, great job, Gay xxx

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous. I love that frame and the way you colored up Digi Darla's "Young Love"!! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!!

Anne Temple said...

Love your card. Amazing what you can do in Photoshop - love all the shading and textures. So glad you shared it with us for the Valentine's challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge this week.

Denise said...

This is so sweet. Love that adorable image.
Hugs
denise xx

Bernice said...

Are you aware that this image was mis-appropriated by Digi Darla from Mo Manning. Darla has already apologized for the unintentional plagarism and has removed the image from her site. If you are using this image, you are profiting from the work of another artist.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! how awful, that I used an image I have had a long time without a saved name and thought as I saw it on Digi Darla that it was hers, all I can say is that I will make sure that everyone knows it's Mo Mannings image.

Elaine L. said...

Actually, the above image is NOT by Mo Manning, but is an almost exact copy of her image, "Ragged Romeo."

Cheryl First said...

Beautiful card! It tells a wonderful love story.Thanks for joining in at the Paper Pretties Love Challenge this week!
Cheryl First
Paper Pretties DT

Bernice said...

I am sorry I wasn't clear in my first comment. What you have is a Digi Darla "copy" of Mo Manning's image Ragged Romeo. DD has graciously apologized for this image. So don't credit Mo with is image. Go to her site and see what the original image was like and you will see that you are selling a forged image.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Faith, whoever the image belongs to you have coloured it beautifully ! I love the little red border that encases it and the gorgeous red heart.

Marie

Mo Manning said...

It's sad that Faith had to be embarrassed by this situation. Always remember that people who buy (or receive as a freebie) an image that is a unauthorized copy of an original work are victims as well as the artist whose copyright was violated. Your cardmaking skills are so lovely, Faith. I can't wait to see what you do with the "real" Ragged Romeo :)

xoMo

Barbara Clooney said...

Cute Faith.