07 February 2012

Wedding Card

I made a wedding card for someone in the family who is getting married and hopes her mother will live long enough to get there.  I felt it couldn't be too much about happiness, but hope this will make her day a bit brighter no matter what.

I put a layer of VERY thick vellum I had from an estate agents house folder!!!!! over a hammered card after I had cut it out with a border by Birdscards.com I added the hearts myself, then cut out a scroll with a file also by Birdscards.com. I then added text I made up in Fairycuts. I embossed both the scroll and the text with Cuttlebug folders  I added a varigated ribbon from Hallmark and added a few flowers from my stash. I added Glamour dust for a littel sparkle and I am pleased with the effect, I hope her day will be happy.  I thought that "It's Your Day" conveys no matter what happens, it IS her day.

I'm sorry the photos are not too good, I had to make it tonight and post it tomorrow as the wedding has had to be rushed through because of the sad circumstances.

I am going to enter the following challenges with this card 


http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com/      
ANYTHING GOES with NO PATTERN PAPER
You can emboss, stamp or leave it plain. 
NO DIGI PAPER either.
 
I haven't any pattern on paper on the card!
 
 
I do have ribbon and I hope the Glamour dust is the Bling!
 
 
http://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.com/      
Challenge #8 - Recycle, Frugal 
you will receive a bonus entry if you can add a paper bead to your paper creation.
Any form of paper creation will be accepted as long as NO STAMPS (Digital or Rubber) have been used (this includes sentiments).
 
I used the vellum from the estate agents book and flowers from stash



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith, I enlarged your photo to get a closer look and I'm so glad I did because this is stunning! Beautifully made.
xx

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous card Faith, super design, I love it, Gay xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh the card is beautiful - and i am sure the lady will really appreciate it ... and that it will be something she will treasure
Lisa x

Susan Hogan said...

It's a lovely card Faith,made with care and I am sure the recipient will appreciate it. Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles

Beryl K said...

This is beautiful Faith, I am sure it will be treasured
Beryl x

Denise said...

Oh wow Faith this is gorgeous and so elegant.
Hugs
Denise xx

Jenny said...

Oh thats so sad Faith, I hope the bride manages to celebrate her day with her mum there too.
Your card is so special and I love that you've thought about the sentiment and what the day means.
I love the lacy vellum overlay, in fact your card would fit right in with the challenge over at St Luke's too :0)
Hugs
Jenny x

Merry said...

Faith this is such a beautiful card. The ribbon showing through those hearts is such a lovely touch. Thanks for sharing it with our recycling challenge at Unstampabelles.

Kerry said...

I haven't used vellum in an eternity Faith...forgot how gorgeous it looks. I love the punched hearts and border and the scroll and flowers are totally sparklicious :-D

£150 is nothing compared to the rest Ruby has cost over the years what with her amputation, broken front left leg, cruciate repair, grass seed extraction from her face and not forgetting her daily thyroid, anti inflammatory and incontinent meds!!! Oh and her quarterly blood tests!!! All I can say is thank goodness for pet insurance!! I think I'm in the wrong business lol xx

Country Mouse said...

Very pretty! Love the softness of it! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
audrey
dt member

Jan said...

Aw Faith this is stunning. Love it. Thanks for calling by and leaving some love xx Jan

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby

Dolly Daydreams said...

Stunning ! This is a real show stopper Faith what a beautiful card with so many gorgeous details so soft and romantic.

Marie

Bonnie said...

What a pretty card, Faith! Just enough pink and the vellum gives it such a dreamy look! I hope her wedding day was a happy one.

HuggiesCrafts said...

This is a stunning card! I love the punched edge and the ribbon peeping through the hearts.
This is an excellent entry into Unstampabelles recycle challenge for February 2012.

lalkygirl said...

hi faith
thanks for the wonderful comments you left on my cards...i am glad you enjoyed your visit to my blog...
I have to say this is the most elegant, pretty card i have ever seen,all the stunning details on the vellum...i would not have ben able to part with it but i bet the recipient was overjoyed with this beautiful make
tracey x

Sarn said...

Very pretty card. Hope all went well for the wedding. x

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Super pretty card!! Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Unstampabelles!