01 July 2013

Cycling card

Hi Everyone, A quick post tonight as it's late, I have to apologise for lack of comments, this being because I have had a lot to do, I have been guilty of seeing all your creations via email or Bloglovin, so I have been watching what you have been doing, just not enough time to comment so sorry, (hang head in shame and guilt)

Anyhow, here is my offering for you tonight.  I was asked to make a card for a fanatical cyclist on his 18th birthday.  I followed a sketch by Silke Ledlow
strip papers are by Just so Scrappy, the building background is from a digi kit Skyline by Dawn by Design at Digichick,  a sky background layered onto a circle with the building skyline also from the kit, as an overlay in Photoshop and also a bit more playing.  I downloaded a picture of a cyclist and turned him into an SVG and used some goldy brown effect card, then layered him twice in a sort of decoupage effect.  The A to B background which I have used numerous times, (it's so handy) is also part of the same digi kit. I glossy accented the A & B in the background printed directly onto the card.
 

I shall enter the following challenges




7 comments:

Grannymama said...

A cute card, great job. Thank you for joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals.

Carolyn
PCD DT

Shirley Young said...

This looks really effective Faith. At first glance I thought you were making it for a Tour de France fan cause it would certainly fit the bill!!

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Fab card thanks for joining us at Cards for Men
CAZ

Pat K said...

Fabulous masculine birthday card Faith. I'm so impressed with how you achieve these wonderful designs. hugs, Pat K x

Anne said...

Fabulous card for our Get Sporty theme. Thank you for playing along with us a Cards for Men. Anne (DT)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun card! I relly like the biker silhouette!

Thank you for participating in the Anything Goes Challenge at ABC Challenges!

Sally H said...

So sorry I have been such a bad blogger recently. This is a wonderful card. Fabulous design