24 September 2013

To lift up my brother

Hi Everyone, thank you so much for all your lovely comments recently, I have tried to get around everyone, hope I haven't left anyone out, if I have I apologise and will try again tomorrow.

My card for today is one which was inspired by this one by Cynthia on the Create with TLC  blog,
 I haven't been able to access her blog, but if she sees this thank you.






I wanted a card for one of my dear brothers, number 2 of 4, who has been diagnosed with motor neurone, I'm afraid he is on a short lease and I send him a card as close to every week as I can, he lives a few hundred miles away so getting to see him is not often I'm afraid.  We can't communicate much anymore as he has lost his speech.  Anyhow thanks to Cynthia, I came up with this card after having the sentiment from Paulette at Create with TLC  blog.  I hope it lifted him as much as I wanted it too.


I shall enter the following challenge with it.
http://canyoudigiit.com/blog/2013/09/cydi-final-challenge-45-elementary-err-primary-dear-watson/  Primary colours

http://www.throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/simply-sassy-inspires-by-songbookfilm.html  Come fly with me, by Frank Sinatra, but not all the song just part of the chorus  -
Once I get you up there where the air is rarified 
We'll just glide, starry-eyed 
Once I get you up there I'll be holding you so very near 
You may even hear a whole gang cheer 'cause we're together 
http://papermakeupstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/digi-makeover-challenge-107-anything.html  Anything Goes

19 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

What a nice card -- your brother will love it! Very cheerful and uplifting. That is a great song..."Come Fly With Me". Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

Darcy DT

Pauline said...

What a lovely card for your brother Faith, I'm sorry to hear your brother is so unwell. Hopefully this will bring him some comfort to know that you are thinking of him every day.

Wishcraft said...

Such a bright and cheery, and very thoughtful card. Really lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Mynn xx said...

This is darling! LOVE the fun air balloon image! I think it will definitely lift your brother. :) Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

Mynn xx said...

Sorry, I meant thanks for joining us at CYDI!!! :)

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It's so hard to live so far apart. All these brightly colored balloons should give him a good lift. I'm sure he'll love it and appreciates hearing from you often!

Sally H said...

A gorgeous card. I hope your regular messages give him strength - so sorry to hear about your brother's illness x

G Peplow said...

HI Faith, I am so sad to hear of your brother's illness and how awful that you are so far apart. You have found a great solution, I'm sure that your cards lift his spirits, this one's a smasher :D big hugs, Gay xx

Nicola Crowe said...

Really fab card, so meaningful I hope I your brother enjoys the card, thank you for entering it into our challenge at Through the purple haze challenges
Nicola DT :) x

Viv said...

Such a lovely bright card Faith sure your brother loved it.So sorry about your brother, it's hard being a long way away.......I was from mine too..... I sadly lost them both last year. Viv xx

Unknown said...

I am sure your brother will love this card. The colours you have used are beautiful and perfect for our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at Through the purple haze challenges - Becky DT

butterfly dream cards said...

Very bright, very fresh and lovely made....thanks for joining us at TTPH

fiona DT

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Faith, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It must be hard for you living so far away but I'm sure he'll be pleased with your lovely card and feel comforted to know you're thinking of him. Take care, Vicky x

Emily Lauritzen said...

What a sweet card. I love the sentiment you paired with the image, so perfect! Thanks for joining us at Digi Makeover!
<3 Emily L.-DT

Anonymous said...

The bright colours and fun balloons, teamed with such a lovely sentiment - I'm sure your cheerful card will raise your brother's spirits. A handmade card says so much more. Hope you are ok. Gill x

Diane said...

Very fun paper and card design.

regards diane

Anonymous said...

Oh Faith what a sweet person you are ( with a mad sense of humour to boot ) How thoughtful of you to send him a card each week I,m sure it really gives him such a boost. What a beauty it is too love that balloon and the cheery bright paper. Thanks so much for your welcome It was very much appreciated after such a long absence blogging friends are the best.

Marie

G Peplow said...

Thanks for you kind comments Faith, sending hugs to you xx

Aileen said...

What a lovely card for your brother Faith. x