07 February 2014

Has to be Love

Hi Everyone, we had SUN today, whooppeeeeeeeee!

Onto my card straightaway!  I was asked to do a 50th wedding anniversary card, which was to include, on the front, golf and cross stitch, as I don't cross stitch, it had to be digital, well you know me LOL. I had nothing in mind, so onto the web for some inspiration, I came across this beautiful card and knew what I had to do. here

I found some golf clubs that I had in my files, I'm afraid I don't know who by, but the file is dated 2006, (if anyone recognises it and lets me know I can credit it.) I changed the colour of the golf bag to match the roses which are by numerous artists, but main gold rose is by Jessica's Sweet Nothings in her digi kit Celtic Moon.

The heart, I used a shape in PS coloured it to match the gold rose and then used a cross stitch action in PS by Atomic Cupcake.

I added ribbon, leaves, apple blossom, lots of times and the layout came together somehow :)  The background paper is Wedding Rose, again a file I have had for years and don't know who by. Printed it out and attached to an 8x8 card by Papermania.

I made some flowers with a Britannia die and Leafy Flourish Signature die from Johanna Sheen.  The shape I cut out by hand, using 2 shaped pointed squares, (again another lost file - sorry) I made in PS, one to match the gold rose colour and a lighter one to match the background. 3D'd them onto the card.  The gold flower shape is lots of layers of gold tissue paper, which I intend to line the box with. I have to do that yet.

This took me many more hours than I usually take, but I like the corner arrangement, which I suppose is more scrapbook layout than card, I did enjoy it though.

A long description post sorry.
The card - finished with some Glamour Dust.

Close up of the cross stitch and golf clubs, I 3D glossed the clubs.

I'll enter the following challenges

http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/challenge-43.html  Anything Goes

http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/wk-6-polkadoodles-challenge-love-is-in.html  Love is in  the air - hope this is OK

http://craftitudechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/challenge-58-anything-goes-or.html  Anything Goes

http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/challenge-112-all-you-need-is-love.html  All you need is Love

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super work Faffy, you certainly have managed to do the remit perfectly. x

Holly Young said...

Wow, I think you did an amazing job combining these two things! It's a very lovely card Faith. Your use of the gold is perfect for such a special anniversary.

Shirley Young said...

Sounds like a lot of work Faith but the end result is beautiful.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is just stunning Faith and worth all that time - a real occasion card! Vicky x

Bonnie said...

Brilliant card, Faith! Glad you saw the sun!

JayBe said...

What a beautiful design, Faith - thanx for sharing with at Polkadoodles for our 'Love is in the Air' challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

This really is very beautiful and what a lot of work went into it. I am sure it will be treasured.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such beautiful and lovely colors and love the way you worked in the roses to match the paper
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Annette said...

Lovely 'Anniversary' Card!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.

Anonymous said...

This absolutely fabulous so much detail and that gorgeous cross stick heart amazing !!!! i love how you have nestled the golf clubs besides the heart so sweet.

Marie