10 March 2014

Spring flowers

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't posted the last couple of days, but I have had the most wonderful birthday weekend, with loads of visitors. 2 of my grown up (20 & 15) Great Nephews called yesterday and stayed so long talking to us and my Brother and SIL that the chicken I had for lunch was slightly overcooked, but so what, when it was a pleasurable time and not even a special birthday, but with lots of cards, presents and 5 vases of flowers, whew, I Loved it.

Anyhow, lets get on with a card, as you can expect this was not done over the weekend, and, to try and get me up to date with posting, I decided to show you a card made a few weeks ago.

The digi is a freebie I had from Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine a while ago, could even be last year.  I think this little elf is so cute, I decided to give him a big shadow and coloured it all in PS, I added an Embossolicous folder to the corner, the gingham is cherry paper from JSS, the yellow paper is yellow striped paper - baby by Pixelberrypie. The green circle is a doily cut by Cards by Bird and the sentiment were cut out on my Cricut.  Then of course added glitter to make it sparkle, well it is Spring, OK at the moment in the UK, maybe not everywhere in the world LOL.


I'll enter these challenges

http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/doodle-pantry-digital-challenge-44.html  Any digigoes - Yep!

http://ladybugcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-challenge-spring-is-here.html  Anything Goes - Yep!

http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/lacy-sunshines-challenge-28-use-spring.html  Use Spring Colours - Yep!

http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/challenge-75.html  Anything Goes - Yep!

11 comments:

Pat K said...

Belated Happy Birthday Faith...wonderful to hear you had a great day. Fabulous card..love the image and gingham fishtail. hugs, Pat K x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Faith
A wonderful surprise was delivered today .A huge thank you .
This new card is stunning . Love the embossed corner and that amazing image with shadow .
Hugs Shirley-Anne

Shirley Young said...

Belated Happy Birthday Faith. Love your card with the sweet little image, he's so cute.

Bonnie said...

The elf is so cute with his big bouquet and the shadow is amazing! Love that pink checked banner too!

Lynne said...

Hi Faith, your card is lovely. I love your image, perfect spring flowers for the weather we are enjoying.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.. I`ve decided that it`s their loss, not mine and I`m beginning to enjoy the freedom to do the things I want to do. Like you I was worried whether I could afford not to work but it was my hubby who told me that it wasn`t worth getting upset about and that we`d manage. I`m going to enjoy it for as long as I can and if I need to earn some money, then I`ll look for something else.
To paraphrase Mel Gibson...they can take our jobs but they`ll never take our freedom lol.
Lynne xxx

MaryH said...

Belated Happies from me also. Glad you had a lovely day with your relatives. Who cares if the food was a bit overdone. The companionship is much more important. Loved this elf & great on that shadow. Again, with the PS coloring. I'm awed by this ability. Gotta learn more. It's a totally delightful card...all of it. That little elf is just adorable. TFS

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! Fun layout, great embossing, darling image! Thanks for joining the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month.
Lyn - DP Guest Designer

Vic said...

A gorgeous card! love that cute image and that embossing folder is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter and Sparkle this week! Vic, DT x

Unknown said...

This is a spectacular and fun card. Thanks so much for joining us at Lacy Sunshine.

Debbie said...

What a fun image!! Pretty card! I love the embossed BG!
Thanks for sharing with us at DPDC44!!

Unknown said...

Your birthday sounds like it was special for a lot of reasons! I hope you enjoyed it and belated Happy Birthday from me! Your card is beautiful and your coloring of that image is amazing! So glad you joined us at Doodle Pantry for DPDC44!