21 January 2015

Easter Chick

Hi Everyone, here's a cutie chick from the Spring Chicks kit (there is an EU version and rest of the world version, this is due to the new EU VAT rules), just for you today as my DT post for Deedee's, Digis, it's for the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Guest DT Day.

 I usually use the ready coloured images from Deedee's but I decided to colour my own chick this time, in PS as usual. I also added a "PS fur pattern" I know chicks have feathers, but it gave the image texture that I wanted. I have added a few "PS brush" feathers, I also added a real feather, I haven't used a real one in an age. The DP I used is by Cajoline Easter Papers, I had these in 2011. Papermania Twine and I followed this sketch.



15 comments:

Kylie said...

How adorable!! The image is so sweet and I love the real feather. Thanks so much for sharing as a Guest Designer at ATSM xx

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Faith, this is entirely adorable! I love that little banner and your chick is sooooo cutsie! The feather is just gorgeous, I love it! hugs :)

Sarn said...

"Cheep Cheep Cheep" . . . that's CHICK for "This card is adorable" . . . xxx

Sue said...

Awwww this card is so cute Faith the chick is gorgeous!! lots of huggles Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Faith, such a cute chick and pretty pastel papers.
Pauline
x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Totally cute card Faith and so happy you are a GDT this week at ATSM
Sarah x

Bonnie said...

What a cute chick with her shiny beak! Love the feather and the banner that add extra texture and dimension!

Shirley Young said...

The little chick is so cute Faith and beautifully coloured too, love the embellishments too. xx

MaryH said...

This is just delightful! This cute little chick all dressed up in her pretty hat. Loved that you added some feathers to her (and used the 'real' one too!) I've never used feathers - so it was lovely to see just how much interest you added with that simple embellie. Of course the background DP is perfect for Miss Chick's Easter parade. A great use of this DeeDee's line art digi. Love it! TFS & Hugs

G Peplow said...

Such a cute card Faith, I love it:D Hope you are well and that 2015 will be a good one for you, Hugs Gay x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How adorable is that! Love that feather you added! Great to have you as GDT over at ATSM!

cm said...

How sweet!! Your little chick, with her shiny beak is adorable; the feather is a delightful added touch! Thanks so much for being the ATSM guest designer!
~c

MagsB said...

Another absolute cutie, Faith! I love the feather!

love Mags b x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such an adorable card, I love the cute image! Such beautiful bunting and feathers too.
Rebecca.
x

Unknown said...

Oh my gooodness!!! Spring is on the way :) So great to have you with us as a Guest Designer at Addicted to Stamps and More this week!!!