28 April 2015

Butterfly

Hi Everyone a DT post for Deedee's Digis today, she is sponsoring a challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches, I decided to use the sketch from TMS as I had to make a card for my niece, and, with colours which will match an outfit she wore to a wedding I decided to use the FlutteringBy kit from Deedee's.

I used the outline image of the Butterfly and Flower which is included in the kit and coloured it in PS to match the paper. All designed and printed out in PS. I layered the butterfly with 3 layers on the outer wing and 3D'd the sentiment, also from the same kit.

I thought it appropriate, as my niece has a farewell and birthday party this weekend as she off to China in a couple of months. It should have been in a week, but my Great niece has been chosen to dance for the UK in a Dance competion, she has told me which one, but senior moment and all that! and the finals are in July, of course she couldn't back out of it, so they are leaving in August. This card is to wish her luck.



Papers are all Pink Petticoat, which I have neglected for too long.




http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/things-with-wings.html  - Yep!

http://www.houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/april-challenge-add-butterfly-andor.html  Yep!

http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/april-27-springgreensblog-post-author.html  Hope there is enough Green!

http://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/challenge-04-anything-goes.html  ATG - Yep!

http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-pink-elephant-challenge-tpe296.html  ATG - Yep!

20 comments:

Pamellia said...

Holy beautiful Faith! Love the soft yellows and pinks together and your 3d butterfly and flower are so gorgeous!! So full of spring! hugs :)

Sue said...

A beautiful card and colours Faith.I am sure she will treasure your card :)

Sarn said...

Ooh, LOVE this extra pretty butterfly card Faith. Hope your niece does well in the comp.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Shirley Young said...

So pretty Faith, as you probably know I love butterflies, Gorgeous colours too, your niece will love it. Sounds like you have a very talented great niece. xx

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Faith, I love soft colours and gorgeous images. So glad you were able to play along with us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sue said...

Oooo Faith loving the colours of this! it's a gorgeous card she will love it. Good luck to your great niece too..lots of huggles Sue xxx

Unknown said...

So summery!! I love it!! Smiles.
I am so ready to have sunshine and butterflies and long days. xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used and the beautiful butterfly. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Shona Erlenborn said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the image and the beautiful colors you have used.

MaryH said...

Magnificent PS work on this gorgeous image. Which I must go look for! Love the fishtail banner embellies, and that paper is wonderful. Clever you to be able to match the image to that pretty DP. How exciting for your niece to be able to visit China...and know that she will see marvelous things & meet interesting people. She is bound to love this very special card. TFS & Hugs.

Judy V said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty image and color combo! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

Pat K said...

I've been too long away and missed all your lovely creations Faith but what a treat I am having catching up. A beautiful card with wonderful colours and design. Congrats to your great niece...what an great honour..you must be so proud. hugs, Pat K x

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Faith, such a pretty image and lovely colours - a fabulous card.
Pauline
x

Colette said...

Such a beautiful, delicate card Faith. Thank you for playing along with Incy Wincy this week. Good luck! Colette - DT (I am proud to have some Welsh blood running through me veins and daffodils are one of my fave flowers) x

Mynn xx said...

This is OH so pretty! I LOVE the gorgeous soft colors and the lovely layering! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful, thanks so much for joining us at HOC

Viv said...

So very pretty Faith. Strange how we both used the waterfall hearts paper....great minds eh! love the beautiful butterfly too, it's so gorgeous ;) Viv xx

Bonnie said...

I haven't been around to visit much in the past couple of weeks and see that I've missed lots of wonderful inspiration. Love, love, love this butterfly and the perfect background!

Debbie said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!
We're so happy to have Deedee's Digis sponsoring TMS this week, and thank you for sharing your inspiration!!!

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely lovely! Thank you so much for joining at Tuesday Morning Sketches.