03 August 2015

50th Wedding Anniversary

Hello Everyone. I have a 50th Anniversary card for you today one of 2 I was asked to make for a friend, she asked for a picture of a bible with 2 rings and the inscription to love and cherish...... It was a difficult card to do, as the recipients wife has Alzheimer's, but my friend wanted him to know they had remembered. I felt a simple card would be best so here it is.

I searched the web for free of copyright images but couldn't find one, so came up with second best and took my own photo, with my Grandfather's Bible (could be Great Grandparents with the date printed as 1838), mine and hubby's rings and roses from the garden, I also added gold numbers in PS.

Another picture (one of many) I made into a background for the image in Photoshop. I added layers with dull gold card and card matching the colour of the roses, adding a ribbon to match. 

The Bible is battered on the outside, but, as it was a 50th Anniversary I thought it suitable. I'm glad to say the recipient was pleased with it.


10 comments:

Shirley Young said...

Looks wonderful Faith

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous hun, and I love that it is so personal with your own photograph on it. Brilliant and very clever. Hugs xx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Faith! I love the ribbon and bow on an angle like that, really beautiful accent for an anniversary card! Love that image, so soft and romantic! hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there - super card - would love to receive this if it were y anniversary. lolx

Karen said...

My favourite thing is that gorgeous pink bow! Grins.
Lovely card hun.

I've been AWOL too.. managed to break my leg .. now have a lovely laptop table to take the weight of the computer. So I can come commenting again.

Hope all ok with you hun.xx

Pauline said...

What a beautiful, special card.

Pat K said...

Wonderful keepsake Faith....so well thought out and designed. hugs, Pat K x

MaryH said...

You're not only clever with this photo stuff, but you're also a very caring & compassionate crafter - to search for all these pretty & oh-so-appropriate elements. The heart doesn't forget - even if the mind does. It was very special for your requestor to remember this couple's milestone. I love all the images, and don't think it matters one iota from whence they were drafted into use on this lovely card. And that soft background is just spectacular with the Bible and rings. Well done!!! TFS & Hugs (and thanks for all the sweet comments on so many cards!)

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Faith, such an elegant design - a perfect Anniversary card.
Pauline
x

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Faith! A perfect design!