04 December 2015

A Christmas Card with a story!!!!

Hi Everyone, I thought I would do a post whilst waiting for my Brother and SIL to arrive for their visit this weekend.

My card is another from Paper Garden Products. They are on sale at the moment go have a look. I used the Holiday Home Digital kit which has beautiful papers in it as well as elements. I have placed assorted elements in the corner of a frame also the sentiment included in the kit. I saved it to use in my Cameo, then print and cut the frame with the flowers, glued it on the cream linen card, added glitter glue and gems and 3D'd the sentiment, a real quick card and great for batch cards.


I decided to do another with a slightly different design and a different insert. I had it all saved and printed and did one sheet, Cameo didn't like the registration marks from there on, so I switched off, thinking it maybe the light. Anyway next day switched on to cut them out and Cameo wouldn't connect. Noooooooooooo!

To cut a VERY, VERY, 7 day, long story short and many emails and a phone call later, I am reconnected, I had a cry I was so happy. Cameo Support were incredible and I have to say they gave great instructions and were very patient with me. I was so frustrated. I spent hours online looking for a solution, in between waiting for replies to my emails, even changing things on my computer to see if they would work. Today and a lovely email from Support again, a 5 minutes alteration and I am cutting. Whooooppppeeee! Lots and lots of hours wasted looking and all I had to do was delete a file. In the end to get my cards in the post, I cut them by hand. Here is the sheet as I forgot to take a picture of the card.



13 comments:

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi there Faith, so sorry to hear you had problems with your Cameo it certainly has a mind of its own. As you know I use mine quite a bit and have done for years but every time I get an order usually a rush job and it requires lots of cards the little bugger plays up every single time ! Print and cut has a mind of its own it really is so frustrating so glad to have it sorted now. The card is stunning such a beautiful design and definitely well worth persevering.

Marie

Hetty said...

Hi Faith, your cards are beautiful and i am sorry it took so long for you cameo to work. It was good to hear they have some wonderful support.Hope you have a lovely day with your Broher and SIL. Enjoy.

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Faith, it sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare with your Cameo - I don't have one myself, I love to fussy cut.
Pauline
x

Carol L said...

What a beautifully framed sentiment with this card! I love the spray of flowers!

Nancy said...

Wow, Faith!! Those are both so gorgeous! I'm happy to hear you're back in business! I find it's less stressful to not own a cameo! lol Your beautiful cards were well worth the grief...at least to me! :o)

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely magnificent, Faith! Love your story and am so glad you got everything working again. But, I must awlso say that your fussy cutting is terrific. :-D

Jacee said...

Absolutely gorgeous Faith, so very pretty
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Dr Sonia S V said...

Faith it looks stunning and hard to believe it was a quick job!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sally H said...

Stunning cards, Faith! I feel your frustration! So pleased you finally sorted out the problem. your fussy cutting was amazing! Hope the rest of your cards prove less frustrating and time consuming! Sorry I haven't been around blog land for a while. A combination of commissions, panto and DT samples have seriously hampered my surfing time!

MaryH said...

You amaze me with your skills not only in PS, but also with the Cameo. I'm so glad you got the support needed (and I really NEED you to come to my house & teach me this stuff! My Cameo is gathering dust, and wouldn't have the faintest idea how to go about what you did here). The framework is elegant to show off this marvelously colorful Poinsettia floral arrangement. It is just pure elegance. Enjoy your visit with the relatives. Big hugs & TFS>

Monika Reeck said...

that flower really adorable Faith
I love how you show here
really beautiful christmas card
I try to visit you more often but I was sooo busy made christmas card
I need 35 and I still must making 15 more oh ohhh
was only having 20 pcs hehe
hope you have made enough christmas card Faith
and not like me in last minute panic hehe
hugs
Monika

G Peplow said...

So happy you got it sorted Faith, what a super card you made too :D Hope your families visit was loads of fun :D I hope you have been okay with this dreadful flooding, it's just so awful :( Hugs Gay xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous...love it!