28 May 2016

An Ant!

Hi everyone, my card today is for the Male Room Challenge, I just had to go with the critters or bugs theme and chose a bug!

I followed the sketch dated 2012 and added papers and bugs from a digi kit I had in 2013, Buggin Out by Kristin Aargard at Scraporchard. I love digi kits, everything matches without thinking. LOL.

I added the sentiment to the "ANT" which came from the kit, the ant is 3D'd, I layered all papers onto black card. The dies are Tattered Lace, in my strange thinking, I thought they could be the ant eggs? I also added "eyes" to the ant and the fly.




http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/challenge-36-theme.html Bugs or Critters

http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/cut-it-up-97-sketch.html Sketch and dies

http://simplypapercraftsforalloccassions.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/challenge-29.html Anything Goes

Seeing I am in the garden with the Ant! I thought I would show you the May tree (Hawthorn) which borders our garden, it stands out from the other trees, with so much blossom this year, so thought I would share it with you. Also the noisy baby Magpie.
The May tree (Hawthorn) in it's floral white glory 
Close up of the flower sprays

Magpie baby being fed
Magpie baby calling for food.






17 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cutie pie ant that is and such beautiful photos Faith
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Colette said...

I love this cute card, especially the googly eyes! Male cards can be quite a challenge can't they? Great photos too. We've got two families of Blue Tits nesting in two boxes, they are in and out with worms for the young ones now, it's lovely to sit and watch them ;o)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow, thanks for the adorable photos! The birds put a smile on my face.

I love the bright colors and happy feel of your card. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Sketch challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous card Faith, really like the cute ant. Beautiful photos too xx

Pat K said...

Love this card Faith..great detail and the "eggs" look fabulous. Beautiful photos..tfs. Pat K x

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, such a fun image - I love the googly eyes and bold colours.
Pauline
x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Absolutely adorable, down to the eyes and the ant eggs! Your garden...oh my goodness....stunning!!!

Sue said...

What a fab card Faith that ant is sooooo cute and I love the photos! huggles Sue xx

Carol L said...

Those googlie-eyed critters are too cute! Loving the nature pics too - TFS!

MagsB said...

What a fun card, Faith! And what a beautiful garden, the May tree looks amazing!

love Mags B x

Hetty said...

Your card is totally cute and fun! Love the sentiment.
Your garden is beautiful, what a great weather you have.

Sally H said...

The card is wonderful - such fun! Your garden is looking amazing and the magpies are beautiful! We have a baby magpie too, but the local starlings are letting him know what they think of him - I almost feel sorry for him! Sorry I haven't been over enough recently. Looks like you have enjoyed some sunshine in the garden

NanaConnie said...

Oh, my, such a fun card and funny sentiment, Faith! Lovely magpie photos, too. :-D

Cindy said...

Great card--so cute! Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!

Rocky said...

Love those wobbly eyes, he's so cute. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

Deborah Frings said...

LOL! This is such a fun card! Great image and sentiment. Sorry to be so late commenting, but thanks so much for playing along with our Critters challenge at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.

PS Love the magpie photos!

Linby said...

Great card and what a beautiful garden you have.