17 April 2017

Humming Bird

Hi Everyone, a card I made for 2 challenges, The Outlawz Sketch challenge and the Outlawz Progressive challenge.

Everything that could go wrong with this card did, even the digi colouring didn't go to plan, then put it altogether - twice, had it all OK, glued it together the 3rd time, put it to one side and found I hadn't added the ribbon, that was just to my side Grrrrrr. Oh! well in the end I am pleased with it, even with no ribbon. NO I am NOT doing it again with the ribbon! LOL

Image is Humming Bird by Createful Heart Digis
digitally coloured
DP's, buttons, "chelles creations" at Scraporchard
all layered onto black paper.


Spring has sprung in the garden with all the trees in leaf and the shrubs in flower, all so beautiful. The sky was grey and threatening and it was VERY chilly, but it still looked lovely, I think! Hope you won't be bored.

You can even the oak is in leaf, left, behind the garden


"Amanagwa" cherry tree with rotary clothes line behind it LOL.

Tulips and 2 minature pink azealias and a couple of late Daffodils.

Tiny Flowered Daffodils
 in closeup

triple headed Narcissus

multi headed Narcissus

Euphobia

 Spiraea


Pieris 

Rhododendron

12 comments:

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Faith, a lovely image and pretty papers - a fabulous design.
Your garden looks gorgeous, everything is springing into life now isn't it - I hope it doesn't all get a shock with a late frost.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine said...

Beautiful card Faith, love the colours.
Grand selection of shrubs you have there, it always amazes me how they all seem to 'pop' together!
Thanks for sharing.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the colors of your card Faith! The hummingbird is stunning! As are all those gorgeous photos. Yes, Spring has certainly sprung for you, I see, we are about two weeks behind you I think!

Shirley Young said...

Lovely card Faith, well worth all your efforts. Your digi colouring is brilliant and your garden looks beautiful, it obviously has a lot of TLC xx

Anonymous said...

A lovely card Faith despite everything going wrong...I have a LOT of those kind of days. Your garden looks absolutely beautiful and it made me laugh looking at your Rhododendrons and Pieris in flower....our snowdrops have only just disappeared and nothing else has dared pop its head up yet in the peaks!!!!

MaryH said...

It's got a bird (and one of my fav hummers!) on it, so of course I love it! I'm glad you kept on even with all the trials. I like pretty die mats & love the bright hummer's colors. (ours here in this area are fairly drab). Great look with all the layering too, and ditto I love adding buttons (which I forget to do). Always enjoy the fab pictures of M's beautiful garden. Don't know what a lot of the flowers are, but they certainly are pretty. Wonderful velvet lawn as well. DH gets an award for being such a dedicated gardener so you have lovely views to enjoy. TFS & Hugs

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card and love how you've incorporated all the different shapes and colours. Love it without the ribbon! Thank you for sharing your glorious photos x

Sarn said...

Fab card even if it did cause u a lot of trouble!!! Xxx

Carol L said...

Your card is beautifully designed around that great image and your gardens are just dreamy!! I could just sit and enjoy them all day long :)

Kate said...

Your card looks fabulous! I wasn't expecting ribbon on it so it looks perfect without!

And your photos are gorgeous! We don't have any colour here yet, although some of the daffs are just starting to poke up through the ground.

NanaConnie said...

I saw your card over at the Outlawz and loved it but am so glad I came by to see all your marvelous photos! I wish my garden and yard were this bright with color and green. Even with all the rain we've had this year, the 5 years of drought has taken its toll. It will take some time before the plants recover and flower as they have done in the past. In the meantime, I'll just come visit your blog and soak in the refreshing spring colors. :-D

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors and your yard is gorgeous.