21 July 2017

Little things?

Hi Everyone, my card for you today is for the Outlawz progressive challenge, we were given a wonderful image of a dog, I really wanted to bring him to life.
By chance and a little playing, I did something I haven't done before in PS and I am really pleased with the result....

I used a digi paper - I added the stamp to the paper as you would do with a rubber  or clear stamp, then shaded where needed and more lines (a lot) to him. I used a plain PS brush to add the green under him and to the tennis ball, well it was in the middle of Wimbledon when I made him. It took a long time to colour him, but worth it to me.
dog - Anne Fenton
digital colouring
dp used for dog - Hugware no longer available
I have shown what paper I used, it may come
 in handy to use something similar yourself?
all other dp - Marisa Lerin Pixelscrapper
sentiment - CREATE with TLC
Tonic scallop layering dies
ribbon from stash
3D gloss used on eyes and nose.

Here is a close up, I also made it a little lighter so you can see the texture of the paper clearer.



Don't forget

Summer Fun Blog Hop~! ...........

YAY!  we haven't done a hop in a lonnnng time~!
For those of you that are familiar with our hops....there will be lots of freebies along the way.  A Freebie at each stop.  So get ready, empty out those folders....the hop starts Sunday, July 23nd 
LIFE IS BETTER IN SUMMER~!



15 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, a beautifully coloured image.xxx

Shirley Young said...

That is so effective Faith, I wouldn't know where to start - well worth your time and effort x

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Faith, he certainly is super and you have done a brilliant job with your digital colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shona Erlenborn said...

How clever. The doggy looks super cute! Love the background too!

Mac Mable said...

Now that's really clever...time consuming and such an amazing effect x

crafty-stamper said...

That is brilliant well worth the effort-I wouldn't know where to start either-the fur looks so realistic and love the layout with the ribbons and little slip bows
Carol x

Tlc Creations said...

Love the way the dog turned out. Beautiful card.
Paulette

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! This turned out fabulous! Great digital coloring and design, Faith! Love it! xxD

Mia said...

I love your card, Faith. What a great dog and background.

Viv said...

This is so beautiful Faith, sweet dog and great techniques too ;) Viv xx

Hetty said...

Wow,thatdog looks very real. Awesome job, Faith. Such a great card.

Sue said...

Aww such a cute doggy image Faith and your card is gorgeous huggles Sue xxxxxxx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Faith, I love how you did the dog! What a wonderfully creative way to use digital paper. My apologies for being MIA on my visits but I'm still traveling, then home for a bit (catching up on things like laundry, housework, and my own creative addictions), then off again. Most of the travels mean I don't have internet connections. Bear with me until into September when my routine will return to normal. I have visited each of your recent posts even though I didn't have time to leave individual comments. Don't want to miss anything, my friend. :-D

Carol L said...

I love the little doggie and especially how you used the ribbon! Adorable!

Linby said...

Fab card and your colouring is just wonderful - you must have a lot of patience!