30 August 2017

School colours???

Hi Everyone my card today is for
Now that is a challenge, it's a VERY long time since I was in school and hubby, who also went to the same school, disagreed with my colours!!!!!!!!! Of course I know I am right LOL.

The colours were yellow, green and navy, it's nearly 60 years ago I first went there. I wish I could find a photo of me in uniform, I always felt so good in them, us girls had to have navy cardigan and skirt or gymslip and a white shirt, we had a yellow, green and navy tie, in Summer we had a striped green and white dress, I loved it. Now something I remembered, we had to have navy knickers for gym, can you imagine that now? No shorts for gym then LOL. At least we girls had a Gym Mistress.

I really had no idea what to do for my card, my mojo has got completely lost the last few days, then looking on my desk for something else I found a HUGE frog I cut on the Cameo a long while ago and my idea was born, with a new frog cut, a simple card with my old school colours, even though it has nothing to do with school! I'm quite happy with it and it will go to the next GNephew on my birthday list :)
frog - Silhouette store
yellow dp - Gina Cabrera
doodles - Dawn by Design
card from stash 
lily pad shape I made in PS, then transferred it to the Cameo to cut,
then embossed with a wood embossing folder. 
oval  - embossed with a VERY old embossing plate, 
and cut with - Tattered Lace pin dot die.
birthday sentiment - sketched and cut on the Cameo



14 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, your card is so fun....I was wanting to see a picture of you in your school uniform, hehe.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute and happy. Love your frog and the doodling around the frame.

cotnob said...

Such a fun card Faith, a super frog - a great way to incorporate your school colours.
I remember the navy blue gym knickers and short pleated skirts for netball and hockey - I can't see that happening to day!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

What a fun card, Faith! I love the cute frog. I smiled when I read about your navy knickers, we were the first year at my senior school to have the choice of wearing a blue leotard instead, so we felt quite grown up. xx

Mac Mable said...

Love the oversized frog and what a fun card. Yes gym knickers for me too in my day x

Bonnie said...

What a happy frog! I love the look of texture on him and the lily pad!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and love the cute frog-I remember the navey blue knickers for spots too-definitely wouldn't happen today!!!
Carol x

Andreja said...

WoW what a beautiful card you made :-)) I like your frog. Fantastic job!
Hugs, Andreja

NanaConnie said...

I love that adorable frog, Faith! My grammar school didn't even have it's own colors (other than black and white) but high school was black, white and gold. That memory of high school colors is more than 50 years ago and I'm rather proud to remember because I have no school pictures showing the colors. lol

Kate said...

Such a fun frog!! My colours were navy and gold. Green (my favourite colour) would have been a nice addition to the mix!

Happy birthday to your grand-nephew! I'm sure your happy card will bring a smile!

Hetty said...

Totally fun card, i love frogs on cards, they always look so happy.

Rocky said...

Great way to use those school colours, he's cute.

Crafting with Darcy said...

Really love this frog card! Your grand nephew will love it, too!
Hugs!
Darcy

Deborah Frings said...

Oops! I'm a bit late commenting on this one - I do like the use of your old school colours! Mr froggy is just adorable! Fabulous. Deborah, xxx